blog & journal | pics & video | prospective student info | quotes | contact info

_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _

Friday, July 28, 2006
Life in Edinburgh- Smell This!
Posted by Jenevieve
Well, I would really love to call all y'all, but I don't have a phone. And I can't sign up for skype, because we don't have the internet. We can''t get the internet without a phone number, and we can't get a phone number until we have a bank account. We can't get a bank account for 4-6 weeks.

Yippee!

Anyway, I am still feeling pretty sick, though last nght I felt okay for a full 5 hours. I spent that time walking around and drinking half a pint of MacEwans Ale. Mmm.

One of the reasons I feel so sick is that there are so many smells in this city! First, the cigarettes. EVERYONE smokes here. It's gross. Second, the rubbish is piled on the streets during pickup days, which adds an unpleasant dimension. Add those to the smells of a hundred pubs, countless restaurants, and the odor of a city unused to this hot sunny weather, and it is a little overwhelming. I wish I could just stand in a field in the middle of nowhere for awhile.

I miss you guys like crazy. If you come to visit, you might have to sleep on the kitchen counter, however, since that is the only space in our flat.

_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _