blog & journal | pics & video | prospective student info | quotes | contact info

_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _

Thursday, August 24, 2006
The Most Caringest of Packages
Posted by Jenevieve
Since we have arrived here, we have gotten a surprising amount of "happy mail". I got birthday cards from the family, a letter from Miranda, a postcard from Mary, and Dad mailed me some computer speakers for my b-day. We have also received our tube of posters from Mary, who got roped into cheerfully volunteered to send us a bunch of our stuff.

Today, upon arriving home, I spied a package. The name said [Mary's last name], but the address was her mom's.

"Hmmm.." I said to myself. "Why would Mary have driven our books or KitchenAid across to [her hometown] to mail them to us?"

I opened the package, and started laughing. Here's why:



Yes, that's right, every American delight ever! Funnily enough, that makes three people who have sent us or are now sending us Kraft Mac. Seriously, if you ever need a food staple, post about it and people will respond! (I found out about he aforementioned three kraft packages in just such a manner as to not know until all three had been sent.)

In addition, notice the box of cat cookies (Best food ever, pretty much), brownie mix (of which Matt and I have sorely felt the lack), Flamin' Hot Cheetos (no explanation needed), etc.

By the way, Mary, I have not read the McCall Smith book, and I am excited to! My cheesy mysteries of choice have been the Inspector Rebus novels by Ian Rankin, a local novelist. You should check him out!

Thank you SO much, Mary and Margaret (and Mira, who donated some hairs)! You got us so much that we wanted and some stuff we didn't realize we missed until we saw it! You made our whole week, you two. You are swell.

_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _