blog & journal | pics & video | prospective student info | quotes | contact info

_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _

Sunday, December 31, 2006
The Haps, as I see them
Posted by Jenevieve
So, I am one week away from the new semester. Have I written ANY emails? No. Made all the phone calls I wanted to? Some, but not all. Done any productive things at all?

No, Jeni, you haven't.

See, I made all those plans when I thought that a mere 2 or three days of rest would sort me out, and I'd be fairly bursting to do a million exciting things after about Monday. Yeah, right. My sleep debt, though reduced significantly (hello, 11 hour nights!) is still not equalized enough that I feel up to much.

Instead, I have found out a few things about myself.

1. I heart dogs and cats! the shelter was so much fun, even though it was heartbreaking. I'm glad we live in a cheap flat with great neighbours and all that, but seriously. I need me some small fluffly mammals. Especially adorable ones that need homes. All said, I just wanted one lab and one mastiff at the end (the cat I wanted was adopted). That's not too many for a one-bedroom flat that expressly doesn't allow pets, is it?

2. Blogs actually become less riveting the less stressed I am. I think they are my escape from reality, so when I have a real escape, I am just less excited about them.

3. I am seriously addicted to this toy. Matt got one a few months ago, and I have played it every day of the last week, and many of the week before.

4. I can read a mind-boggling number of books, given the inclination and time. A sample (not comprehensive) of the last week or so:
-3 Ian Rankin mystery novels
- 4 Jody Picoult novels
-The Virgin Suicides and Middlesex, both by Eugene Stephanides
-2 James Patterson mystery novels
Hey, I didn't say they were good books, or serious ones. But ne'er the less, slightly ridiculous. I'm glad I have a library card.


How about you all? Did you learn anything enlightening over the break?

_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _