blog & journal | pics & video | prospective student info | quotes | contact info

_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _

Monday, February 05, 2007
Struggle- Whininess Ahead!
Posted by Jenevieve
I'm sorry about my lack of posts lately. I am really excited about Nessie and school and friends and summer plans and everything, but I am so mind-numbingly indescribably epically tired that even putting words into sentences seems an insurmountable task. Instead, here are some random bullets of life here at Casa de Price.

*Man, the first trimester is about as much fun as jumping out of a speedboat into a pool of hazardous waste. I'm hurling about a half-dozen times a day, and wishing I could the rest of the time. By "morning sickness", I think they mean "you feel suicidally miserable every time of day except for a brief 3 hour window in the evening". And if one more person suggests ginger, I will personally snap their well-meaning little neck. What would really help? Drugs. Unfortunately, doctors here in the UK will not prescribe anything for morning sickness, period. Jerks.

*School (despite aforementioned sickness) has been really fun lately. We are studying reproductive physiology, which is endlessly complicated and fascinating to me. We are also studying large animal topographical anatomy, which is really cool, and some significantly less interesting stuff.

*Matt should probably be nominated for sainthood, considering how well he is putting up with me. My sick feelings and pregnancy hormones have combined to turn me into a raging psychotic. Seriously, I have no filter on my mouth, and the most startlingly witchy things have flown out of it lately. It's funny in the retelling, but mortifying at the moment of occurrence.

*In addition to gently ignoring my psychosis, Matt has also been feeding me, keeping the house clean, and doing pretty much all of the shopping. I don't think it's even physically possible for him to be more understanding or more helpful.

*I am officially addicted to House, M.D., the first 2.5 seasons of which were lent to us for our viewing pleasure. I am really sad that one cannot download the other episodes of season 3 legally, since we really don't want to download them illegally. I guess we'll just have to wait for it to finish. Sigh.

*I got to talk with Mary for a long time night before last. That made me really happy.

*There's about a 40% chance that we'll be able to make it to the Bianca/Andrew wedding. Oh, I hope we can! It just involves about 127 things falling miraculously into place. Hey, stranger things have happened.

I think that's all. I need a nap now.

_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _