blog & journal | pics & video | prospective student info | quotes | contact info

_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _

Tuesday, May 08, 2007
This is Love
Posted by Jenevieve
So I am seriously so ready for finals to be over. I have taken 6 and I have 4 more to go: 3 for my combined immunology/pathology/parasitology/bacteriology/virology course and 1 for my Body Systems 2 course (neuro, repro). I have passed 5 of the 6 finals I have thus taken and have yet to find out about the 6th.

In short, I am exhausted and burnt out and grouchy. I've been in a bad mood for a couple of days; pretty depressed and just ready to give up. Matt took note of this tonight and asked if he could do something to make my life easier.

"Make chai lattes 'cause they're too bloody expensive," I replied churlishly, "and I don't feel like leaving the house again tonight."

Matt looked up chai recipes online, but to no avail. You apparently need steamed milk for them, and we had neither the will nor the £18 to buy an espresso maker simply for the steamer. I was grouchier than ever, and Matt kept throwing out options for me. "What about hot chocolate?" he queried.

I grimaced. Since getting pregnant, I love eating chocolate and drinking chocolate milk, but I have had bad feelings about hot chocolate. Too sweet, not chocolatey enough, not creamy enough, etc.

"In short, what I want is that Williams-Sonoma hot chocolate." I declared. We had gotten a tin of that on uber-clearance our first winter in Spokane (normally like $25 per 8-serving tin), and it was, essentially, chocolate shavings that you stirred into hot milk. A lot of them.

Matt left the house, walked to Tesco, bought some whole milk and two bars of dark chocolate, and shaved the chocolate into the hot milk. At 8:30 p.m.

It's delicious.

_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _