blog & journal | pics & video | prospective student info | quotes | contact info

_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _

Sunday, August 19, 2007
Bullets of Boredom
Posted by Jenevieve
Alright, here are some random bullets of update:

-37 weeks. I am officially full term, which in the UK means that they wouldn't induce me for another 4.5 weeks. I'm hoping like heck he gets here before that. My ankles are back to "full-puff" mode. It'll be nice to see my old friends, the ankle bones, again someday.

-In order to urge our now almost-named son to arrive, I have been drinking raspberry leaf tea and thinking labored thoughts.

-As a result (or not), I'm having contractions every 25-35 minutes. But not really painful ones. According to the interwebs, these contractions mean I will probably have a child. Eventually. But not tonight or tomorrow.

-I made a yogurt pound cake the other day that was really tasty. It is still tasty, but my poor cake-wrapping skills mean that it's all dried out now. Boo.

-We went to Merv's casa last night for a bbq fajita night. Mmmm, guacamole.

-We also bought a chest of drawers from Ikea for the wee one. Matt assembled them and they are now full of an overwhelming amount of baby clothes.

-My hospital bag is packed. Many people have suggested that we bring music, so I burned some CDs. And by some, I mean 11. All I'm saying is, I don't know what kind of music I'll feel like, you know?

-I made some homemade baby wipe solution to test the recipe I amalgamated. I then poured it all over myself- hey, I have sensitive skin, so if I react to it, I'm not going to use it on my infant. So far, so good, though I think I'll cut back on the lavender.

-Wow, I'm boring myself with these bullets. Does anyone on the Edinburgh area want to give me some company tomorrow? Alternately, any advice on how not to die of boredom?

_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _