blog & journal | pics & video | prospective student info | quotes | contact info

_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _

Saturday, September 08, 2007
How about a real update?
Posted by Jenevieve
Well, I figure you all are probably getting tired of the lame mini-updates, so I'll give you a semi-real post instead.

As you all know, I'm due to be induced on Monday. While it would be nice for him to be born naturally oh, say, 3 weeks ago now-ish, he seems pretty comfy in there. I have had many of the (uh, gross) pre-labour signs in the last few days, none of those have been followed by actual labour, so my guess is that he's holding on to the bitter end. I am just so excited to meet and hold him! We almost definitely have his name picked out. As in, we have it picked unless for some reason we see him and it just seems wrong. But we both really like it, it's a cool Biblical figure, and it's unique, so there are some pluses lined up.

So the deal is that Monday at 1 p.m. we go to the hospital to begin the induction process. In all likelihood, this means that he will be born sometime on Tuesday. Oh, the irony in the fact that his birthday will probably be 9/11. NEVER FORGET our son's birthday! At least it wasn't on the 5th anniversary or anything. Anyway, they want to keep me tethered to monitors/i.v. lines once they induce, so I get to chill in a hospital bed for awhile. Whee! Matt and I are going to scope out our chances of having a massive board game tournament.

Said tournament would not be all that different, actually, from the way we've been living the past couple of weeks. Matt and I love board games in general, but we've both been really into BattleLore, the game we bought recently. It's pretty complicated and intense, much closer to a RPG or the like than anything I've played before. Matt is still much better than me, but I've beat him a few times. More than anything, it's a great way to spend a few hours together with our brains turned mostly on (as opposed to an I Can Has Cheezburger? reading extravaganza or moving together through 12 episodes of King of the Hill).

I am feeling much less frustrated and grouchy than I was last night. I was going to make us salad and garlic bread, but I forgot 2 key salad ingredients and waited too long to start the garlic bread, so we just had (bland, semi-stale) garlic-less bread and pathetic salad
for dinner. Then I decided to make up for it by getting us ice cream sundae ingredients. They were delicious, but fudge brownie ice cream plus Hob Nobs plus Mars Bars does not equal a belly-friendly sundae, so we both felt sick afterward. Sigh. However, several rounds of Bookworm and a relatively good night's sleep made me feel much perkier, especially combined with a gloriously warm and sunny day today and two games of BattleLore.

So that's the extremely interesting news here at Casa Price. Our son will be here very soon no matter which means he chooses to enter the outside world. Matt and I are really geeky board game enthusiasts, and one should not choose lame bread if one is going to eat said bread without copious amounts of butter and garlic.

What's new and exciting for you all?

_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _