blog & journal | pics & video | prospective student info | quotes | contact info

_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _

Monday, September 03, 2007
Updates, Semi-Bullet Style
Posted by Jenevieve
Thanks, everyone! It's so nice to have friends (real and bloggy) to check in on me. I feel special.

-I had another BP panel today and it was more or less okay, so I'm less worried. My BP was around 138/72 while we were there, with one higher reading and a few lower ones. No big deal, and I got to watch myself having contractions on the monitor, which was fun. The Nessie was sleeping soundly for the first 15 minutes or so I was on the monitor, which freaked me out a little since he, well, never sleeps. But he woke up and was doing jumping jacks for the second have of the monitoring session, so I caled down.

-Anastasia, I have had protein in my urine for the past 3 weeks which is one of the main reasons they were worried. However, it hasn't been *that much* (whatever that means) and my BP wasn't any higher today and I haven't had any abdominal pain, so they're not all that worried.

-The doctor did a membrane sweep on me, which can sometimes bring on labour naturally within 48 hours. I'll let y'all know if I start feeling anything serious, but for now I'm just at semi-regular Braxton-Hicks every 35 minutes or so, with more painful contractions sprinkled in at odd intervals.

-The doctor also told me that my son has conveniently flipped into a posterior position. I can expect longer labour, more back pain, and other fun goodies. Yay, me!

-Matt and I walked for a long time today: around the obstetrics unit at the hospital, across the Meadows to get to the bus to go to Easter Bush, from the Bush to the stop that would take us to Costco/Ikea, to Ikea for a pit stop and some meatballs, to Costco for chicken, and back to the bus stop to get home. We also took many buses: the 33, the 49, the 31, the 15, the 47, and the X47. I am really tired.

-Since 6:10 is too early to go to sleep and too late to nap, I think we'll play a game or two before bed.

-Almost here, son! I can't wait to meet you!

_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _