blog & journal | pics & video | prospective student info | quotes | contact info

_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _

Tuesday, January 15, 2008
Hello Out There!
Posted by Jenevieve
Hi guys! How the heck are y'all?

Sorry I've been pretty absent from the blog-lands lately. I've been feeling pretty ambivalent about the ol' blog, lately. It was supposed to be this cool resource for other American transplants over here, but I just don't really have the energy to make it actually useful. Also, my internet tolerance has been pretty low lately; the amount of time I can actually spend on the computer at any one time before getting really bored is about 10 minutes. I've been paper journaling a lot lately, which has been good.

Anyway, what's new at casa Price? The new semester started for me with a bang, consisting of a whole week of clinical neurology lectures, a massive head/chest cold, and 1 day of puking which I thought was the Norovirus, but thankfully was not. lost my wallet, which sucks like an underripe lemon.

Also, we did some fun cooking!



Here's a cheesecake that Nelle and Matt and I made, based on this recipe with the addition of a layer of chocolate chips at the, um, bottom of the cake. It was... ok. The inside was a touch underdone and the outer edge was burnt, but the middle 60 percent was pretty delicious.





Today, we made a potato, leek, and spinach soup based on this recipe, with the addition of some spinach (about 350 grams) as the leeks were sauteeing. I thought it was fantastic, but Matt said it gave his teeth the weird spinach feeling. So next time we make it (and there will be a next time) we'll just saute some spinach separately and put it on top of the cooked soup along with the creme fraiche.

Miranda gets here Thursday, and Adeline gets here a week from Friday! Yay!

To finish, here's a picture of my two favourite boys. They are so, so cool.

_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _