blog & journal | pics & video | prospective student info | quotes | contact info

_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _

Wednesday, April 16, 2008
A Realisation
Posted by Jenevieve
Our kid definitely eats better than we do. Today, I have made or am currently making:
-- Homemade veggie stock with carrots, onions, leeks, garlic, potatoes rutabaga, fresh herbs, and peppercorns
--Cheesy chicken and root veggie casserole
-- Braised beef stew (okay, this is for all of us)

Matt and I together have chopped nearly 5 pounds of veggies for this endeavour.

Last week, I made him "baby ratatouille" with courgette, sweet potato, carrot, parsnip, and tomato with fresh dill and grated cheese. For that same lunch I had an apple and two pieces of toast.

See where I'm going with this? On the plus side, Matt and I have eaten better with all the fresh fruit and veg in the house. On the minus side, our food budget is kinda, um, hurting.

All you parents, any delicous baby recipes we should know about, especially ones we can all eat?

_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _