blog & journal | pics & video | prospective student info | quotes | contact info

_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _

Monday, May 12, 2008
Mother's Day Recap
Posted by Jenevieve
I pretty much loved this Mother's Day-- low-key without feeling forgotten. Matt bought me flowers on Saturday, and mom, dad, and the Richmonds sent a card with some (British!) cash in it.

Today way a bad day. Through the stupidity of Lothian bus drivers (and, later, the Lothian bus system in general and then, finally, my stupidity) I wound up walking or jogging for well over 5 miles this morning. I had my dog and cat practical (which I don't even remember, other than it took me 3 tries to give the dog a pill and I was still trying to catch my breath from running to the ED&C home), then tried to study in the afternoon. I say "tried" because I was so disheartened from the morning that I was really having a hard time studying. After staring at the "principles of internal fixation" fracture repair lecture for over an hour, I went home.

When I confessed my depression and apathy to Matt, we brainstormed on ways to brighten me up. I was thinking about going to get a pedicure, but he had a better idea:

We gave Hosea to Emma and her kids for the afternoon (general love affair between the lot of them), and Matt and I went and spent my Mom's Day cash on dinner and drinks down at Ocean Terminal. We went to this "American-style" restaurant, shared a bacon jalapeno cheeseburger and hot wings, and split a bottle of wine. Then we went to a bar downstairs and Matt got a Manhattan and I got a (too sugary) vanilla martini. Yeah, for a woman whose sum total of drinking since before she got pregnant consists of less than tonights expenditure *combined*, I was feeling pretty tipsy by the time we headed back. That's the nice thing about not owning a car here: you just need to make it to the bus stop. :)

Anyway, I'm feeling a lot less down after having a splendid date with my wonderful husband. And I don't think it's just the wine. Yay!

_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _