blog & journal | pics & video | prospective student info | quotes | contact info

_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _

Sunday, July 06, 2008
Bullet the Blurred Sky
Posted by Jenevieve
--I finished my two week externship at the equine hospital in Somis. It was AWESOME. They me do a ton of stuff, I learned a lot, everyone was super nice, and I got to see some really neat stuff. They asked me to forgo the small animal placement to just stay with them for the rest of summer. I declined, but I'm going to work Saturdays there, I hope.
--The down side of an amazing externship is the exhaustion. left the house by 6:55 every morning, and I didn't get home until 6:45 almost every night. Man. Also, the staff and vets there have no concept of "breaks" or "sitting", so I am pooped. Hopefully the SA place will be a touch more relaxed.
--Matt's in North Carolina this weekend with our Grandma Eileen, since Papa Jim passed away earlier this week. Hosea's been missing him a lot. Me, too.
-- Speaking of the wee HB, he's seriously cute. Every morning, I walk into his room and he's standing in his cot smiling at me.
--Hosea, A.J., Rachelle, and I went to Chili My Soul to have lunch with none other than Bianca and Andrew! Man, I love those two. Hosea sampled two different chilis and pronounced them both delicious. Mindy, who's worked there for at least 7 years, recognised me, asked where Matt was, and *loved* the baby. I almost couldn't believe we hadn't been there in 2 years.
--I think B and A might have loved Hosea just a little, too; they both offered at least twice to "borrow" him for awhile.
--Due to aforementioned exhaustion, I was sorely tempted to take them up on it. Just for a month or two.
--Today is church, then possibly chillin with the Ings. Woo!

_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _