blog & journal | pics & video | prospective student info | quotes | contact info

_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _

Thursday, September 25, 2008
Lost
Posted by Jenevieve
I can't say where I was when my wedding ring walked away, because I don't actually know. I slipped it into my trousers pocket Tuesday afternoon, just as I've done every time I've washed the dishes in the past 4 years, seven months and 28 days since we got engaged. Every time I've put my rings in my pockets (or almost, anyway) I've thought "this is a bad idea; they could fall out of your pocket and get lost". But you know what? It never has.

Something distracted me right after dishes had been washed, then another and another thing, until bedtime. I tossed my trousers in the dirty clothes and fell asleep. The next morning, I put on a skirt and shirt and went to school, the whole time cheerfully unaware of any absence on my left hand. About halfway through the morning, I realised I wasn't wearing my ring. I was a bit worried, but figured I'd grab it when I got home. However, when I got home and reached into my trousers pocket, there was no ring there. My wee band that I wear when I'm doing lab work was there (I've taken to wearing it on my right hand, so it had gone into my pocket with the other), but no beautiful diamond set.

Over the last few days, I've scoured the laundry pile and surrounding floor half a dozen times, the rest of the flat at least once, and tonight Matt CSI'd it as well, all to no avail. So if anyone wants to come over and look, I'm giving a freshly baked cake of his/her choice to the first person to find it.

_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _