blog & journal | pics & video | prospective student info | quotes | contact info

_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _

Thursday, May 03, 2007
Wow, It's Been a Month Already?
Posted by Matt
Umm, sorry for dropping the ball on the month of April there, guys. I just looked back and saw that I posted only once, and it was a pathetic post at that. I don't know how much better today's post will be, but at least you'll all know that I'm still here and not just a figment of Jeni's imagination.

The last month has been a whirlwind. It's really hard to believe that AJ and Rachelle's vist was a month ago now. It's also hard to beliee tht it's May. Well, it's hard for Jeni to believe it; for some reason I've been really aware of every passing moment recently. I'm really looking forward to our month long visit back to the states from June 11 to July 11. After that we're back here for two months of summer before the Nessie is born.

I'm really, really looking forward to Nessie's entrance to into the world. I've been feeling down recently about the lack of direction in my life as I see the other spouses of students here get settled into routines and jobs and such. I've decided that my occupation for our time here in Edinburgh will be as a stay at home dad for our new child. As I covered in this previous post, I feel very confident in this as a legitimate calling for this point in my life, and perhaps for even beyond this point in my life. Of course, the Nessie isn't here yet, which makes it hard for me to identify myself as a stay at home dad. Every now and then I go through moments of feeling purposeless, even though I am helping out Jeni a lot. I'm looking forward to what the baby will add to our life together.

Well, there's a post for you. It's sort of lacking in raw information, but I'll try to feed your desire for that tomorrow with a video tour of our new flat. See you then!

_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _